Another subset of Sarvodaya Cancer Institute, the department for Radiation Oncology provides cancer treatment with conventional to advanced radiotherapies. The modern infrastructure, expertise of oncologists and the latest technology at the centre are adept at treating small, superficial or inoperable tumours.
We house the advanced Versa HD 6D Couch LINAC for radiotherapy, which facilitates:
- Stereotactic Radiotherapy with sub-mm precision and accuracy.
- FFF (Flattening Filter Free) Beam Delivery for fast radiotherapy treatment (4 to 5 times faster).
- SRS & SBRT Therapy for inoperable brain & other tumours.
- IMRT & IGRT Therapy for customized radiation & continuous monitoring.
- Electron Therapy for better tumour control & increased safety.
- Respiratory Gating Technique and 4D CBCT for the treatment of moving tumours in the lungs and liver.
- TBI for the enhancement of bone marrow transplants.
- HDR + VMAT for completing the treatment in 10 times lesser radiation time.
- HD Multi Leaf Collimator (MLC) for better conformity and coverage of all types of tumours.