The minimally invasive surgical procedure or Arthroscopy Surgery is used to diagnose and treat joint injuries in the knee, shoulder, hip, ankle, wrist, and elbow joints. At Sarvodaya’s Department for Orthopaedics and Arthroscopy, our doctors offer advanced arthroscopy procedures depending on the specific joint being treated and the nature of the injury or condition being addressed. We offer:
- Knee Arthroscopy to diagnose and treat conditions such as torn cartilage, ACL injuries, and patellar dislocation.
- Shoulder Arthroscopy for diagnosing and treating conditions such as rotator cuff tears, shoulder impingement, and shoulder instability.
- Hip Arthroscopy to diagnose and treat hip impingement and labral tears.
- Ankle Arthroscopy for conditions like ankle instability, ankle impingement, and osteochondral lesions.
- Wrist Arthroscopy for wrist fractures, wrist ligament injuries, and ganglion cysts.
We house advanced diagnostic modalities for accurate diagnosis of the affected joint. This helps the surgeons in creating a properly targeted treatment plan. During the procedure, a small camera called an arthroscope is inserted into the joint through a small incision. This allows the surgeon to view the joint and surrounding tissues on a monitor to perform the surgical procedures using small instruments that are inserted through other small incisions. The surgeons typically perform the surgery through minimal invasion which results in less blood loss, minimal cuts, low risk of infection, no scars and faster recovery.