OverviewSarvodaya’s Centre for Mental Health provides clinical evaluation and treatment services for a broad range of emotional, cognitive, and behavioural disorders for patients of all ages and cultural backgrounds. Our team comprises psychiatrists, clinical psychologists, counselling psychologists, psychoanalytical psychotherapists and art therapists, providing mental health care for in-patients and out-patients.
We provide care and support for rehabilitation, post-surgery or trauma, anti-smoking programs and alcohol de-addiction as well. Guidance and support are also provided to geriatric patients (and their relatives), and distressed patients coping with infertility, diabetes, cancer, HIV AIDS, bipolar and other behavioural issues.
Our specialized counselling support helps our patients develop fulfilling and lasting relationships, bring out their creativity, sharpen powers of self-expression and develop a strong sense of direction and motivation in life. The department's advanced programs help children deal with ADD (attention deficit disorders), shyness, stage fright, hyperactivity, lack of concentration and anxiety issues. Support is also extended to women for pre and post-pregnancy and menopause stages.
With the latest technology and a team of experienced professionals, Centre for Mental Health specializes in Biofeedback Therapy conforming to the highest international standards. It is effective for:
- Writer's cramp
- Anxiety in adults and children
- Chronic back pain
- Chronic shoulder pain
- Shortness of breath due to stress
- Examination fear
- Functional gastro disorders (such as recurrent abdominal pain)
- Biofeedback is particularly helpful for patients who :
- Prefer non-drug interventions
- Have poor tolerance to specific drugs
- Show sufficient or no response to drug therapy
- Are pregnant, planning pregnancy, or nursing
- Have medical contraindications for specific drugs
- Have a history of long-term, frequent, or excessive use of pain medications that can aggravate headache problems
- Who have significant stress and/or poor stress-management skills