Sarvodaya brings India's only centre that performs Cruciate Retaining Robotic Total Knee Replacement. The centre is highly accoladed for transforming the lives of people with revolutionary robotic technology - North India’s First Fully Active Robot (Cuvis) for Joint Replacement, assuring sub-mm accuracy, less bone & blood loss, maximising the longevity of the implant with quicker recovery that allows the patient to walk on the day of the surgery. It has come out as a game-changer, redefining the way we conventionally view joint replacements by promising a better and more active lifestyle for patients who are restricted by joint immobility. We provide comprehensive pain management during and post-surgery and have one of the highest success rates with reduced complications, safer surgeries, minimal ligament loss and less requirement of post-operative physical therapy assistance.
How Does a Fully Active Joint Replacement Robot Work?
- Once the patient decides on the Robotic Surgery, the doctors perform the CT Scan of the patient's knee.
- The robot converts the CT image into a 3D model of the patient’s knee for doctors to diagnose the condition and pre-plan the surgery, as required.
- The patient is connected to the robot and stabilized for surgery.
- The doctors perform the registration process to verify if the 3D image of the patient matches the original surgery site.
- After the registration process, the robot reviews the data and cuts the bone precisely with respect to the size, position, angle and direction of the implant decided during the pre-surgery planning stage, preserving the cruciate (Ligament).
Benefits of Robotic Joint Replacement
- Best technology + technique accepted worldwide
- Surgery led by Dr Sujoy Bhattacharjee, holding an experience of over 16000+ Joint Replacement Surgeries, including 1000+ CR Robotic Knee Replacements
- 3D surgical pre-planning using high-end CT Scan-imaging
- Sub-millimetre accuracy during the operation
- Gives the feeling of a natural knee
- Less bone loss, ligament loss and blood loss
- Best implant positioning with a maximum cutting accuracy
- Real-time monitoring
- No frequent hospital visits with stitchless/stapleless surgery
- Painless and scar-less surgery
- Chances of infection reduced due to minimal human intervention
- No muscle cut & faster recovery with Subvastus Approach