Department of NeuroSurgery
The Department of Neuro Surgery is one of the most advanced setup dealing with complex brain and spine surgeries with highest precision.
The department provides comprehensive round the clock care for the full spectrum of Neurosurgical, Neurological and psychiatric conditions covering all age groups. It has a well-structured Trauma and Emergency Services set up which caters to Neuro Trauma services with ICP monitoring in a dedicated Neuro ICU. The Neuro Oncology division manages all kinds of brain tumors comprehensively with medical oncology and chemotherapy facilities under one roof. Pediatric Neurosurgery patients are managed holistically with the neonatal and pediatric intensive care facility. Functional neurosurgical procedures for epilepsy, Deep Brain Stimulation for Parkinson’s and Movement Disorders, for spasticity and pain relief are offered.
The Spine Division performs the full spectrum of surgeries including complex and failed back spine patients. Minimally Invasive Procedures are performed by experienced spine surgeons using state of the art equipment and latest implants.
High-quality Neuro imaging with 1.5 Tesla MRI, 128 Slice CT scan machine, Digital Subtraction Angiography and Neuro intervention suites help perform daring yet safe complex high precision Neurosurgical and spine surgeries.
Medical Procedures :
The Department of Neurosciences at Sarvodaya provides comprehensive treatment for all neurological anomalies that require medical or surgical intervention. The institute has well defined clinical protocols to deal with cases related issues from neurological degeneration, imbalance, congenital defects or tumors. The Department specializes in providing medical management & care for Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, Epilepsy, Headaches, Migraines, Memory disorders, Neuromuscular Disease, Stroke and Multiple Sclerosis, to list a few.
The Department of Neurosciences at Sarvodaya also receives a number of patients from different parts of the world for neurosurgery for their primary and secondary brain tumors. The department provides a 360 degree approach treatment. Beginning from diagnosis, counseling, surgery, treatment and management the institute is well supported by rehabilitative experts and doctors who specialize in ensuring the patient’s easy mobility and discharge.
We are renowned for providing specialised care for:
- Conventional Spine Surgery – Congenital- malformations, Dysraphisms, Degeneration, Disc Disease. All types Of Fusion Procedures of Spine Including complicated failed back surgery and Complex Spinal Stabilisations of Cranio-vertebral junction. Intra Dural and Intra Medullary Tumors, Cervical Disc Replacements, Spinal Cord Stimulator, Baclofen Pump Insertion.
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery – Vertebro plasty, Kyphoplasty, Ozone therapy Destendou endoscopic discectomy and Suture-less day care transforaminal endoscopic discectomies and laser therapy.
- Endoscopic Neurosurgery – Endoscopic Pituitary tumor surgery, Endoscopic third ventriculostomy and excision of intra ventricular lesions, Endoscopic Discectomy.
- Stereotaxic Procedures – Brain biopsies, Deep brain stimulation.
- Neuronavigation – Aided tumor surgery
- Brachial Plexus Surgery & peripheral nerve surgery – Carpal Tunnel syndrome, cubital tunnel syndrome, surgery for post traumatic.
Minimally Invasive Cranial Procedures
- Comprehensive Neurotrauma Management – Head injuries and spinal cord injuries and Rehabilitation
- Neuro-Vascular Surgery – Clipping of Intra Cranial Aneurysms, AVM surgery, Spinal AVMs.
- Brain Tumor Surgery (Neuro-Oncology) – well versed with management of Posterior Fossa, Brainstem tumors, Supra tentorial, Intra ventricular, Skull Base, Pineal region, Orbital tumors and Pituitary tumors using Micro neurosurgical, Neuroendoscopy, Stereotaxy and Neuronavigational aids. Injury to peripheral nerves and brachial plexus and birth injuries.
- Paediatric Neurosurgery – Hydrocephalus, Meningo-myelocoel, Spinal dysraphisms, Encephalocoels, Cranio Stenosis, Cranio vertebral junction Anomalies and Arnold Chiari Malformations.
The Department has vast experience and expertise in efficiently performing following procedures:
Neurosurgery we are performing in our centre includes: Brain Tumors, Intra Cranial Circulation Aneurysms, Traumatic Brain Injuries,Head Injury, Brain Hemorrhage,Carotid Artery Disease,Neurovascular surgery,Micro Neurosurgery
Spine Surgery we are performing are Slipped Disc (Cervical & Lumbar, Spinal Injury, Cervical Spondylosis, Spine Tumor, Minimal Invasive Spine Surgery (Key Hole), Microscopic Spine Surgery, Endoscopic Spine Surgery,Spinal Instrumentation & Fusion, artificial disc replacement, Spine deformity correction (scoliosis & Kyphosis).
Peripheral Nerve Surgery we are performing carpal tunnel syndrome, cubital tunnel syndrome, brachial plexus surgery ( post traumatic and birth injury related).
There are two types of neurodiagnostic testing: imaging tests or scans and electrical impulse detection. Neurodiagnostic testing may be conducted as part of a neurological exam.
Neuro- imaging test
- CT Scan
- Cerebral DSA
Neurophysiology Lab in Faridabad
We have good neuro lab providing the following facilities
- Video EEG
- Bed side EEG
- Sleep Deprived EEG
- Evoked potentials