Cardio -Thoracic and Vascular Surgery
The department of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery (CVTS) at Sarvodaya Hospital offer a broad spectrum of the latest procedures in cardiovascular and thoracic surgery for adults and children. The surgeons in this department are highly qualified, experienced and are trained in reputed institutes. The department of CVTS is well supported by round the clock laboratory, blood bank, ICU, radiology and emergency services to ensure patients receive highest level of care in a timely manner.
The following services are provided by our Cardio- Thoracic & Vascular Surgery department:
- CABG (Coronary Artery Bypass Graft)
- Off pump (beating heart)
- On pump(on heart lung machine)
- Minimally Invasive
- Specialized surgery which is performed for the treatment of abnormalities like Mitral Regurgitation (MR) (a valvular heart disease which results in the abnormal leaking of blood through the mitral valve, from the left ventricle into the left atrium of the heart), or Aortic Stenosis (a condition where the aortic valve becomes narrower than normal, impeding the flow of blood) are routinely performed. We do Single and double valve repair and replacement at our Heart Institute.
Congenital heart diseases surgeries:
Congenital heart defects are problems with the heart’s structure that are present at birth. These defects can involve the interior walls of the heart, the valves inside the heart, the arteries and veins that carry blood to the heart or out to the body, congenital heart defects change the normal flow of blood through the heart. Over the past few decades, the diagnosis and treatment of these complex defects has greatly improved. As a result, almost all children who have complex heart defects survive to adulthood and can live active, productive lives.
At Sarvodaya Heart Institute we are treating following Congenital heart diseases:
- ASD repair
- VSD repair
- ICR for TOF/DORV
- PDA closure
Ascendingaorta surgeries :
Sarvodaya Hospital’s Surgeons provides all aspects of ascending aortic surgeries including Bental’s surgery, Valve sparing aortic root surgeries, ascending aortic reconstruction & remodeling and coarctation surgeries.
Pericardiectomy is the surgical removal of a portion or all of the pericardium. It is also called pericardial stripping. The pericardium is a double-walled, membrane sac that surrounds the heart. It contains a small amount of fluid that lubricates the heart during its normal pumping movements within the pericardium.
Complex Cardiac Surgery:
We are proud to have the most experienced Cardio Cardiothoracic and Vascular surgical team. We not only have vast experience and world-class infrastructure, but also facilities that help provide modern medical treatment. Our surgical team has a vast experience of performing Complex Cardiac procedures like
Triple valve procedures
Cardiothoracic surgery involves the treatment of diseases affecting organs inside the chest (thorax), including treatment of conditions of the heart (heart disease) and lungs (lung disease. Our cardio surgical unit has performed a wide range of surgeries - from aneurysm surgeries to heart transplants, with excellent results.
Extensive and challenging thoracic procedures (lung, Chest and mediastinum) are undertaken by our thoracic surgeons with the best results. These include operations for malignant and non-malignant ( infective) diseases. The department of surgery (CTV) at Sarvodaya Hospital & Reach Centre is fully equipped to carry out routine and emergency thoracic surgeries.
- Various Thoracoscopic procedures
This department deals with diseases of the vascular system, that is, arteries, veins and lymphatic system. Our vascular and endovascular surgeons treat blood vessel and lymphatic system conditions (vascular diseases) fully to restore to maximum health and well-being. Our experience and expertise, coupled with our team approach and research prowess enables us to deliver successful treatments each time.
Vascular Surgeries scope spreads to both routine and emergency surgeries.
- Endovascular interventions for aortic and peripheral arterial diseases
- EVAR (Endovascular aneurysm repair)
- Aortoilliac stenting
- Peripheral stenting
- Open Arterial procedures we perform at our hospital includes Embolectomy, Endarterectomy, By-pass surgery, Aortafemoral, Axillofemoral, Femeropopliteal, Aneurysm repair surgery & Vascular trauma surgeries requiring arterial repair.
- Carotid enartectomy: In patients with carotid stenosis presenting with CVA ( stroke) or TIA ( transient stroke)
- AV Bypass is required for dialysis access in CRF patients.
- Venous: For venous thrombosis and in venous valvular incompetence (varicose veins) we are performing surgeries like DVT Surgery-Venous thromboembolectomy, Placing IVC filter, Varicose veins, LASER Surgery, Endovascular interventions for Venous diseases