During the Stay
- When the patient arrives at the ward, our ward staff will orientate the patient to the ward and the facilities available. Patient will then be clerked by the ward doctor – this involves taking a detailed medical history and ordering of tests if necessary.
- During the patient’s stay in the hospital, he/she will be attended by a team doctors comprising of medical specialists, assisted by medical officers and house officers. Every care is taken in respect of patient care, treatment, meals, dress and health recovery.
- The daily routine in the ward includes activities such as ward rounds by doctors, medication, meals, visiting hours and bedtime. However, this routine may vary as laboratory tests, x-ray, treatment and other procedures will take place when required.
- If required, the doctors operate the patient as part of the treatment.
- The patient’s medical records and information on their medical condition are confidential. We will only share this information with the patient and the next-of-kin. If the immediate family members wish to know more about the patient’s condition, they can approach the appropriate coordinator to arrange for convenient time to meet the concerned doctor.
- The safety and wellbeing of our patient is our utmost concern to us. We advise our patients to remain within the hospital premises until they are discharged by the concerned doctor.
- A discharge summary certificate will be given to the patient before leaving the ward. In case the patient needs a medical certificate, he/she has to inform the doctor or nurse in advance so that it can be prepared before the patient’s leaves.