Critical Care Medicine is a branch of medicine concerned with the diagnosis and management of life threatening conditions requiring sophisticated organ support and invasive monitoring.
Critical care at Sarvodaya is one of the best available around ranging from Neonatal intensive care to Geriatric intensive care. We have separate units for neonates, surgical patients, coronary cardiac patients or medical intensive care. The units boast of ultramodern monitoring with monitoring equipments with a highly qualified team of consultants, resident doctors, nurses and technicians. The whole system is backed up by all senior consultants on call with support from blood bank and laboratory and imaging services.
Treatment Offered for:
Any acute illness or injury which is life-threatening or conditions which require observation and monitoring. Like sepsis, shock, multi organ dysfunction, ARDS pulmonary edema, sudden alternative in consciousness, acute renal failure, acute respiratory failure, poisoning, trauma.
The different Intensive care units are:
- Medical Intensive Care Unit (MICU)
- Surgical Intensive Care Unit (SICU)
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Coronary Care Unit (CCU)
- Lung protective ventilation
- Therapeutic Hypothermia
- Prone Ventilation
- Permissive Hypotension and Hemostatic resuscitation
- Rational use of antibiotics, blood and blood product
- IV Fluid and oxygen as therapeutic agent
- Evidence based medicine
- Bedside ABG
- Bedside USG (lung), in Trauma and Echo
- Bedside Dialysis
- Bedside Bronchoscopy/ upper GI endoscopy
- Arterial / venous line
- ICD / Suprapubic Catheter Tracheostomy