Centre for Liver & Digestive Sciences
Centre for Liver & Stomach at Sarvodaya Hospital specialize in preventing, diagnosing and treating digestive tract and liver disorders. These mainly include conditions involving the pancreas, liver, gallbladder, esophagus, stomach, small intestine and colon. We specialize in diagnosing digestive ailments with the help of robust clinical skills which is backed up with an advanced diagnostic and therapeutic infrastructure. The Institutes offer expert care in both Medical and Surgical Gastroenterology.
For specialized diagnostics, the department has Gastroenterology Endoscopy Lab. The lab is equipped with Breath test analyzer, capsule endoscopy and fiberoptic video endoscopes to perform:
- UGI endoscopy
- Side viewing endoscopy
- ERCP (Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography)
- Single balloon enteroscopy
Treatment Program : Endoscopic services
Upper GI Endoscopy
It is used to see inside esophagus, stomach and duodenum. It is used to determine cause of abdominal pain, reflux symptoms, acidity, nausea, vomiting, swallowing difficulty, unexplained weight loss, anemia, diarrhoea and bleeding from upper GI tract.
- Diagnostic Upper GI Endsocpy with narrow band imaging (NBI)
- RUT (Rapid Urease Test for detection) of H. pylori bacteria
- EVL (Endoscopic Variceal Ligation) for esophageal varices
- EST (Endoscopic Sclerotherapy) for esophageal varices
- Glue Injection (for gastric varices)
- Adrenaline Injection (For bleeding ulcers)
- Hemoclipping (For bleeding ulcers)
- Fibrin Spray (For bleeding lesion)
- Foreign body Removal
- Balloon Dilatation of stricture
- S G Dilatation (for esophageal strictures)
- Endoloop placement
- SEMS (Self Expanding Metallic stents): Placement as palliative therapy for gastrointestinal carcinoma
- P.E.G (Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastronomy)
- Ryle`s tube and Nasojejunal tube placement
- Achalasia Dilation
Lower GI Endoscopy
It is used to look inside rectum and colon. It is used to determine cause of abdominal pain, bloating, constipation, diarrhoea, unexplained weight loss, anemia and bleeding from lower GI tract.
- Sigmoidoscopy or Colonoscopy
- Endoloop placement
- Stricture Dilation
- Colonic SEMS
- Hemorrhoidal Sclerotherapy
It is a technique to diagnose and treat problem in bile duct or pancreatic duct.
- CBD/ PD Stone removal
- Mechanical Lithotripsy for large / difficult CBD stone
- Bile leak management
- Biliary Stricture Dilation + Stent placement
- Pancreatic Stricture Dilation + Stent placement
- Stent placement for biliary obstruction
- Biliary SEMS
- Stent Removal
Single balloon enteroscopy
It revolutionizes the way we diagnose and treat ailments of small intestine. It is used for diagnosing and treating obscure GI bleeding, overt small intestinal bleed, small bowel tumor and stricture.
Capsule Endoscopy involves swallowing a small (the size of the large vitamin pill) capsule, which contains a color wireless camera, battery, light source and transmitter. After a patient swallows the capsule, it takes thousands of pictures for eight hours, transmitting images to a data recorder about the size of a portable CD player that patients wear around the waist.
Capsule endoscopy assists in diagnosing gastrointestinal conditions in the small bowel such as: bleeding, malabsorption, chronic abdominal pain, and chronic diarrhoea.
Hydrogen Breath test
It is a simple, non-invasive test based on analysis of breath hydrogen using breath test analyzer. It is used for diagnosis of gastrointestinal disorders like small intestinal bacterial overgrowth, lactose/fructose/other sugar intolerance or malabsorption, gastrointestinal dysmotility, etc.