Physiotherapy is the art and science of physical care and rehabilitation. It is a primary care service provided to individuals to restore and maintain movement and functional ability throughout the life span. This includes providing assistance in circumstances where movement and functionality is threatened by aging, injury, disease or environmental factors.
The Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Center at Sarvodaya Hospital & Reseach Centre provides a comprehensive range of evaluative, preventive, and rehabilitative services. The Center is dedicated to curbing pain and curing patients to normal lifestyles after serious injury or major surgery. The Center staff provides patients with comprehensive rehabilitation services based on the evidence based practice and latest techniques .
We work as a team along with other health professionals to get your body ‘back on track’ as fast as possible. Some therapists have expertise in the treatment of upper limb, lower limb, overuse injuries or injuries common in particular sports. All therapists are up-to-date with pain management. Ongoing in-house and external education ensures that we remain at the forefront of physiotherapy techniques.
- Physical Therapy for Orthopaedic Problems
- Physical Therapy for Neurological Problems
- Physical Therapy for Cardio-Pulmonary problems
- Physical Therapy for Sports injuries
Physiotherapy treatment includes
- Joint mobilisation and/or manipulation, soft tissue massage and stretching.
- Education in injury specific home exercises to encourage self management.
- Instruction in gyming and stability training, including Pilates based routines.
- Postural correction and ergonomic advice for work stations.
- Electrotherapy treatment.
- Taping and bracing to protect joints and injured tissues.
- Testing of joint function prior to returning to sport.
Before any Physiotherapy, a lot of understanding of the patients ailment is required. It is concerned with identifying and maximizing movement potential, within the spheres of promotion, prevention, intervention and rehabilitation.
- Shortwave Diathermy
- Interferential therapy
- Ultrasonic therapy
- Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation
- Muscle stimulator
- Combination therapy unit
- Continuos passive mobilizer
- Paraffin wax bath
- Digital traction (cervical and lumbar)
- Laser Therapy
- All exercise therapy equipments like Treadmill, Static Cycle, Cross trainer,Wall Bar, Parallel Bar,
- Balanceboard, Exercisetubing , Theraband,Weightcuffs.
The inpatient physiotherapists provide post operative care and exercise instruction, An exercise booklet is provided to patients who have undergone surgery. Our physiotherapists work as one team with surgeons & nurses during recovery of post surgery patients.
Our physiotherapists have designed injury prevention programmes to assist both sport professionals and recreational athletes to achieve & maintain optimum fitness safely
Periodic Screening Examinations
Our physiotherapists periodcally screen the patients to ascertain areas of weakness. The assess and identify parts or muscles of the body which are too stiff or lack control or coordination.
Gym and Rehabilitation
There are well equipped gyms where patients can work on their fitness. Home based exercise programmes are designed which include pilates stability training with floor and ball exercises.